Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Berlin Zoo

Remember li'l Knut, the polar bear that captured the world's attention two years ago? Well, he's dead.

Figuratively, of course! Knut just no longer looks like this, having grown into something of a menacing beast no longer fit to canoodle with humans. Whoa, he's really changed.

We're on the prowl for the elusive eisbaren. Perhaps we'll find Knut yet.


Well, here's his enclosure, and if I'm not mistaken the sign concludes with something like "Thank you for your understanding." That's never good news. Maybe he's hibernatin'.

Disappointment breeds invention. Pardon the following reverie.



Yes, yes, otters are nature's comedians. We get it.

I know this looks like something out of the International Wildlife Museum, but these are real live penguins, I swear.


A South African sea lion:


A non-South African, non-sea, lion:

A snipey little fellow. Would like to strap him to my waist and smuggle him home.

What's black and white and retching all over?

I can relate, my man.

Baby elephant alert!

Hey! Come back!

Time for a currywurst. What are you looking at, Fritz?

The rain is really coming down now. This is a prized piece of the Wall by artist Kiddy Citny known as "The King's Head." It's outside the Markische Museum.

psibley 18 from Sluggh McGee on Vimeo.




I was driven, driven I tell you, into this riverside cafe for a Paulaner hefe.

The show must go on. To Berliners, a freezing rain means nothing, and no thought is given to curtailing this carnival.

I'd like to think I'm made of similarly stern stuff, but peasant that I am, I'm hightailing it back to my warm cave for potato soup and toast. See you tomorrow! But not before 94 seconds of animal goodness:

No comments:

Post a Comment